StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Anyone watching Crude oil/Petroleum Sector?<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #122165
- Remove message
12/7/2014 2:51:07 PM

Near bottom?


guspenskiy13
976 posts
msg #122170
- Remove message
modified
12/8/2014 8:28:32 AM

averaging down on XLE today; IMO it will form a higher low than in october

I think that there is significant premium for risk and the risk is always overestimated (just like VIX)

stoploss just below 77




guspenskiy13
976 posts
msg #122172
- Remove message
modified
12/8/2014 10:17:50 AM

78.58

78 downside

averaged at 78.18; it approached my first limit; will liquidate below 78

guspenskiy13
976 posts
msg #122173
- Remove message
12/8/2014 11:49:59 AM

No luck - should have been less ignorant and paid more attention to oil.

OIL at the low of 15.1 and at the limit, where XLE extended past the limits; 0.25% to the lowest low





karennma
8,057 posts
msg #122289
- Remove message
12/17/2014 7:34:52 PM

I just came from a webinar. The "expert" said he thought the oil sector would go lower.
I don't think so !
JMHO.


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #122291
- Remove message
12/17/2014 7:56:27 PM

Plus, the Russian Ruble has been moving in tandem w/ OIL.
IMHO, they will both rebound in tandem.
Santa will be kind to Russian this year ... maybe.
:>)


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #122292
- Remove message
12/17/2014 8:03:34 PM

RUB/USD (Russian Ruble) low yesterday was 0.01295, but it went up to 0.01670 today.
Hello, Santa?
:>)
$$$$


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #122317
- Remove message
12/19/2014 11:51:03 AM

It's done.
The bottom is in.


RoyPope
12 posts
msg #122705
- Remove message
1/31/2015 1:07:36 AM

I always keep at least four oil related stocks in my portfolio at any given time. As such, I keep my ear to the tracks for news relating to oil.

From what I understand, it costs about $50US to produce a barrel of oil via fracking. The heads of OPEC know this and have turned up their output of oil into the world markets in order to drive the prices of oil down below fracking costs with the intention of forcing frackers to abandon their efforts. Eventually, the frackers will have no financial choice but to surrender to OPEC's will, after which OPEC will turn the volume of oil output back down.

I'm sure everyone knows what's gonna happen when OPEC reduces oil output... oil prices will suffer a whipshaw and most likely rocket to prices above what they were prior to OPEC's attack on the frackers.

Not everyone is "crying" about the poor Crude oil/Petroleum Sector. I know I'm not. I've been taking advantage of the extremely low prices to stockpile shares while I can. Once OPEC does it's thing and oil prices begin their quick increase, all folks like me will be doing is grinning from ear to ear.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #122952
- Remove message
2/26/2015 2:03:57 PM

I thought I was being led to believe that this was all about Russia?

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Anyone watching Crude oil/Petroleum Sector?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.


Copyright 2026 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.•Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.