StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Shills Swing N Daily<< 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 ... 383 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #129920
- Remove message
7/20/2016 8:28:49 PM

I have 1 filter that went bullish a week ago.

shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #129943
- Remove message
7/21/2016 10:20:07 AM

This is what I snuck into at the close yesterday.

Direxion Daily 20+ Yr Trsy Bear 3X ETF
17.13 Up 0.41(2.45%) 10:16AM EDT

shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #129945
- Remove message
7/21/2016 10:43:49 AM

Ugaz the play now but not touching it...

fotchstecker
314 posts
msg #129949
- Remove message
7/21/2016 12:34:14 PM

Shill, what's a good way/indicator to confirm IFT? I've used it on a short term basis to spot turns.

shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #129955
- Remove message
7/21/2016 1:28:24 PM

Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X ETF (NUGT) -NYSEArca
138.22 Up 12.96(10.35%) 1:25PM EDT

shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #129956
- Remove message
7/21/2016 2:17:20 PM

A great filter for catching big 1 day or more pops up or down.
Problem is which way will it pop? Figure it out and this is a real money maker.
Feel free to share ideas...

Kone will do something big...

Fetcher[
open below the median bollinger(20)
AND close above the upper bollinger(20)
AND day point range is above 2.00
AND price between 1
AND 10 AND volume above 91000
]



ahcsim72
151 posts
msg #129957
- Remove message
7/21/2016 2:47:46 PM

Of course, SHORT... I did

shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #129958
- Remove message
modified
7/21/2016 3:01:22 PM

I was thinking short but if you go back some of these pop up big the next day.
You'll prob make 25+% if you hold overnight. Good luck...

ahcsim72
151 posts
msg #129960
- Remove message
7/21/2016 7:14:43 PM

I don't think any filter or chart is going to tell you which directly they will go...
For something that went over 400% in one day,

Short it if:
Pumped
Stupid news
Newbies chasing

Long if:
Justified financial news
Even after positive news, drops after initial pop

It may go up again, but eventually people will start selling to lock in their profit...I made more money shorting stocks like these than going long... Glad I didn't short $MGT after its initial pop but how often does that happen? lol



shillllihs
6,102 posts
msg #129961
- Remove message
7/21/2016 8:18:51 PM

Well what I meant is maybe I'm missing something & someone has an indicator that can differentiate
which are headed up or down. And yes, many filters have a bias as to the % of which move 1 way or another. This filter is way worth investigating as virtually every stock has a huge move the following day.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Shills Swing N Daily<< 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 ... 383 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.


Copyright 2026 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.•Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.