StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Intraday Alerts<< 1 ... 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 ... 1821 >>Post Follow-up
johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #143251
- Remove message
4/18/2018 9:55:11 AM

Utilities slowly grinding higher.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #143253
- Remove message
4/18/2018 1:41:31 PM

mahkoh
962 posts
msg #143244 4/17/2018 2:28:17 PM

NUE May 18 62.50 call (2.79) Bit of a gamble with earnings 2 days away, but someone just bought 4246 of those calls . Maybe they know something?
---------------
Out for $4.00 and swapped it for a lottery ticket, the Apr 20 66.5 Call (0.60). Now playing with the house's money.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #143284
- Remove message
4/21/2018 6:10:47 PM

VIX...if the double bottom thats developing on daily comes to fruition, then we see at least 34.65

gmg733
788 posts
msg #143295
- Remove message
4/22/2018 3:48:34 PM

All depends four. Right now I'm in EWZ (just closed for a profit), EWW, GLD, XBI, XHB, OIH, XLE, XLI, XLY, XOP and XRT.

I've traded many others too they just don't have high IV right now like TLT. XLF just doesn't have a lot of juice in it like UNG and USO. So I'll avoid those and if I do it is most likely a straddle to get enough preimum to make it worth while.

I know I've trade FXA, FXB, FXC and FXY.

The main thing is to have something with elevated IV, liquid with 'tight' markets (you'll find yourself trading the same things over and over and over again), options naturally.

If you are interested, options on futures have been good to me this year. /CL, /ZB, /ZC, /ZS, /ZW, /NG, /GC, /ES, /6B and /6E are the main ones. At any one time you can expect to have 3 to 4 on.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #143304
- Remove message
4/23/2018 3:33:36 PM

AAXN (42.84) big call buying on the June 45 strike.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #143311
- Remove message
4/24/2018 1:46:58 PM

4/11/2018 3:42:31 PM

Short /6A at .776

We'll see if she'll hunt. :)
--------------------------

Out at .7602 for a gain of about $1500 per contract.

BarTune1
441 posts
msg #143336
- Remove message
4/24/2018 8:55:26 PM

@gmg

would you happen to know how IV compares for USO options as compared to options on CL assuming an equivalent position (in terms of % to spot price)?

i'm thinking this might be a little harder on USO given the price at which it trades and the relative distance between available strike prices ....

I assume you are using the most efficient instrument (i.e., option on future vs. etf or etn)

BarTune1
441 posts
msg #143340
- Remove message
4/25/2018 10:56:24 AM

Thanks GMG,

I'm in Canada and there is no differential in tax treatment between the two. My current broker doesn't offer futures so I'd have to get another account.

I used to trade a lot of options but not as much now ... and when I do ... I'm usually a premium seller.



johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #143341
- Remove message
4/25/2018 11:16:56 AM

SPY...looks a retest to 2640, before the wheel falls off tomorrow(Thurs)

gmg733
788 posts
msg #143342
- Remove message
4/25/2018 12:25:58 PM

High IV - premium seller
Low IV - premium buyer with a preferable theta component, ex. calendar spreads

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Intraday Alerts<< 1 ... 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 ... 1821 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.


Copyright 2026 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.•Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.