StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Intraday Alerts<< 1 ... 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 ... 1821 >>Post Follow-up
mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #143360
- Remove message
4/26/2018 3:58:12 PM

Sold TSM Oct 36 put (1.95). Joining someone that placed a 600 K bet that it will still be above that price by the time the option expires.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #143361
- Remove message
4/26/2018 3:58:13 PM

4/19/2018 10:52:45 AM

I've been busy lately, so sorry for not posting updates or new trades.

STO May11 (weekly) HD 170 Put and 185 Call for 1.80 per one lot

manage at 40% max profit or manage accordingly

---------------------------

Trade Adjustment Update: BTC May 11 HD 170 Put and STO May 11 Put for 2.30 per one lot.

BarTune1
441 posts
msg #143362
- Remove message
4/26/2018 5:38:24 PM

Thanks for the update Greg ... I looked at a couple of options (no pun intended) for rolling out although they didn't look all that attractive ... likely due to a collapse in IV after the "news" was out ... I'm not a novice at options but most of my experience has been with directional strategies or selling calls or puts directionally to capture premium.

I don't have as much experience on the vol trades which you seem to specialize in so I find your posts interesting. Calendar spreads interest me but the key is knowing what trade to take ... not the mechanics underlying them.

I just got a look at your post now but will probably try to follow along tomorrow morning. I think HD may end up pulling back making the original trade ok. However, obviously the risk/reward ratio here bad if the price moves up. Not taking action at this point is basically the same as making a directional bet!


gmg733
788 posts
msg #143363
- Remove message
4/26/2018 6:23:30 PM

Your delta in the trade is what tells you how directional you are in the trade. I'm now at -10 delta so I'm slightly short. If it does pull back you may sit still or roll that put up to the 30 delta or something effectively narrowing your strangle and getting more neutral on your delta. I think mine was at .23 which is giving me no help. So I rolled up. I should have waited till the morning since vol will be slightly higher on the open, but oh well.

Directional trades are 50/50 shots. I swing trade futures for that. Just me.

Vol trading is built on the premise that volatility is overstated and 90 plus percent of the time it is. That is my edge in options trading. So when vol pops up on something I wanna be a seller.

2017 was tough on options vol traders because the moves to the upside were outside of the expected range. I was delta neutral most of the year and did fine. Those who were delta short to hedge their short vega didn't have great years last year. 2015 was a monster year though that paid for whatever misgivings 2017 dealt them.

Its give and take for sure. For what it is worth I haven't had to adjust an options trade in over a month. about 1 out of 10 trades I usually have to manage. Not a big deal as long as the P/L cooperates. There are times when I'll give up but that is not very often. I think I did twice last year.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #143411
- Remove message
5/1/2018 2:43:23 PM

mahkok I'll play along

filled at 2.40

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #143412
- Remove message
5/1/2018 3:44:27 PM

-You options guys should take a look at XRAY.
-LB at less than $35, this is dirt cheap.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #143414
- Remove message
5/1/2018 4:09:15 PM

gmg733
743 posts
msg #143411
- Ignore gmg733 5/1/2018 2:43:23 PM

mahkok I'll play along

filled at 2.40
*********
Good luck to us!
We're in good company: This morning someone spent 550 K on the Aug 57,5 calls. Their timeframe is a bit longer, on the other hand we get to sell calls should we get assigned.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #143415
- Remove message
5/1/2018 4:15:20 PM

The way I trade options JP it isn't really a good vehicle. But it looks ripe for a stock purchase.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #143416
- Remove message
5/1/2018 4:16:39 PM

johnpaulca
11,702 posts
msg #143412
- Ignore johnpaulca 5/1/2018 3:44:27 PM

-You options guys should take a look at XRAY.
-LB at less than $35, this is dirt cheap.

**************
XRAY earnings only a couple of days away..

BarTune1
441 posts
msg #143420
- Remove message
5/1/2018 10:36:14 PM

Thanks for the update Greg. I am on the road this week tied up in meetings for the most part. Ironically, dealing with derivative tax and valuation issues for a good part of it!


StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Intraday Alerts<< 1 ... 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 ... 1821 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.


Copyright 2026 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.•Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.