Congrats to all the Long Golds.
One thing I want today is the SPY to close up and next week breakout of its Bollinger Band squeeze.
One thing I did get out of this whole DUST short term is I recouped almost all my $ that I'm still able to live and trade another day.
Almost on Q the trade was to buy the dip in the bullish trending gold at 1306. Always go with the trend when swing trading. DUST gaped down and then ran to previous resistance 35.50 pretty close never made it to 36.50, thats where you buy some NUGT or short DUST. I scalped some beer money and picked up some FCX for a swing at $10.45.
this is a bullish chart. Will the trade be a winner who knows..but the odds are better to be long here than trying to short here. you need to be like Sargent Friday.. just the facts and be impartial.
Was I ever wrong.
I was using Custom Weighted Moving Averages (CWMA) instead of using Exponential moving averages. Strange but with that change it shows a whole different world of what is long and what I thought was long. To me GOLD stocks are really Bullish as all longer term Exponential moving averages (EMA) are just squeezing and not crossing over as the Custom Weighted Moving Averages (CWMA) showed. The short term group Exponential moving averages (EMA) just were under the longer term Exponential moving averages (EMA) . So I say it a short term oversold GOLD and not a change in longer term direction of GOLD. My bet anything in GOLD could see some sound gains from here.
I'm now using the below on my filters and it shows a way better Guppy trading system of the difference of whats long or short . Plus the strength of those to groups.
and draw EMA(5) on plot price
and draw EMA(9) on plot price
and draw EMA(11) on plot price
and draw EMA(13) on plot price
and draw EMA(15) on plot price
and draw EMA(30) on plot price
and draw EMA(35) on plot price
and draw EMA(40) on plot price
and draw EMA(45) on plot price
and draw EMA(50) on plot price
and draw EMA(55) on plot price
KGC is very possible to get on that GOLD over sold band wagon. Its long term group averages has rolled over but there is a strong re bound in Gold stocks and ETF where a lot of their long term group averages never rolled over , they just squeezed.
thank you. mac, what is the difference between your ema filter showing long gold and the following trend reversal filter? trying to figure out which one is a better predictor of new industry sectors to go long on. as you can see, mining and gold seem to pop up below.
*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.