StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Options<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125453
- Remove message
10/7/2015 9:55:25 AM

XOM - currently 78.93.
Prolly a bad trade.
Good thing I didn't sell puts.


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125454
- Remove message
10/7/2015 9:59:08 AM

Hmmmm ..let me think ....
I should've bought a put and a call.

Definition:
Long Straddle
A long straddle is a combination of buying a call and buying a put, both with the same strike price and expiration. Together, they produce a position that should profit if the stock makes a big move either up or down.


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125455
- Remove message
10/7/2015 10:05:01 AM

karennma
5,555 posts
msg #125447
- Edit message 10/6/2015 4:34:38 PM

Chicken$#*+ trade
XOM close = 77.89
B (1) Oct 16 2015 XOM $78 put @ 1.21
B(1) Oct 16 2015 XOM 77.50 put @ 1.01

Adding this call will make this a long straddle.
B (1) 10-16-15 $80 call @ .74


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125456
- Remove message
10/7/2015 10:06:31 AM

Final position:

B (1) Oct 16 2015 XOM $78 put @ 1.21
B(1) Oct 16 2015 XOM 77.50 put @ 1.01
B (1) 10-16-15 $80 call @ .74


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125462
- Remove message
10/7/2015 11:16:09 AM

XOM - and down she goes1
At least I stayed short.
Don't switch horses mid-stream.
No point in chasing.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125480
- Remove message
10/8/2015 3:05:36 PM

B (1) 10-16-15 $80 call @ .74

I could sell that for 1.06, but I'll wait till next week.
It's not really in profits since I have 2 puts outstanding.


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125482
- Remove message
10/8/2015 3:11:28 PM

So, XOM would have to go above $82 for me to cover my puts and the call.
This options thing is no "picnic" if you're wrong.
Almost as bad as trading the actual stock EXCEPT, the amount of money you're risking is minuscule.


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125483
- Remove message
10/8/2015 3:12:19 PM

My point is -- a loss is a loss. I don't care if it's $300 or $30,000.


karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125484
- Remove message
10/8/2015 3:17:06 PM

chasing.


karennma
5,564 posts
msg #125480
- Edit message 10/8/2015 3:05:36 PM

B (1) 10-16-15 $80 call @ .74

I could sell that for 1.06, but I'll wait till next week.
It's not really in profits since I have 2 puts outstanding.

REVISED:
OUT of the call ....
Changed my mind. Sold for $1.01. Better than nothing.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #125485
- Remove message
10/8/2015 3:18:18 PM

Now, it's $1.05.
Play small, win small.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Options<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.


Copyright 2026 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.•Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.